Attending Korea Blockchain Week was a blast.
Seoul is one of our favorite cities, and the organizers (Beyond Blocks, Hashed, Factblock and more) did a great job putting together many of the events throughout the week. Being able to meet with the enthusiastic Korean community and supporters was energizing, and speaking to the Korean media reinforced our belief that the country’s appetite for EMX is stronger than ever.
Though it’s all over now, the events and Meetups we attended and people we met left a huge impression on us. Korea is bursting with great blockchain projects and opportunity. We’re grateful for being included and we look forward to spending even more time there.
The EMX team with our advisor Simon Kim from #Hashed
VP of Product Kay Chang at our Beyond Blocks booth
For those who were not in attendance, here is a list of the events we took part in and media outlets we spoke to.
- Beyond Blocks Summit: EMX had a booth for two days. We gave away swag including mints, playing cards, t-shirts, laptop stickers and more.
- M&K PR Pitch Event, at the Shilla Hotel: Jim pitched EMX to a room filled with potential supporters eager to learn more about the project.
- Blockchain Revolution Partners Meetup: Jim and Vinny met potential supporters and other projects.
- Hashed Brunch, where we reconnected with our supporters Hashed and XSQ.
- After-parties, including the Blockcrafters Party at D.Bridge, which was hosted by our media partner Sosocoin; iCapital party; Arrington & Signum party; Chainrock party; L7 party; Foundation X Night: These were a great opportunity to network with potential supporters and partners including exchanges, traders, other projects including NEM, DarcMatter, Carry Protocol, Sentinel Protocol, Dfinity, Fantom and more.
- Hashed Night: A get-together where other portfolio projects were introduced.
- Blockchain Partners Summit, at the Walkerhill Hotel, which featured talks from top movers and shakers in the industry, including Changpeng Zhao, Roger Ver, and Charles Hoskinson.
EMX’s Vinny Leow, with Binance CEO Changpeng Zhao
CTO Craig Austin and CEO Jim Bai getting interviewed by Asia Economy TV
CEO Jim Bai with CNBC’s Ran NeuNer
- Asia Economy TV: Jim and Craig introduced the project and talked about their backgrounds, including attending college together at Carnegie Mellon University. Watch the video interview here.
- Korea Times: an interview with the prestigious Korean publication, which will result in a full page article.
- CNBC: Influencer Ran Neu-Ner, host of the widely watched Crypto Trader program, dropped by the EMX booth at Beyond Blocks to learn more about the project. Watch the full interview here.
- Electronic Times
- IT Chosun