Dear EMX community,
It’s been full speed ahead since launching EMX. In today’s issue of EMX Insider, you will find news on:
- Our recent strategic investment round
- Our roadmap of features and improvements
- New supported languages and geos
Last quarter, we completed a strategic round of financing with Bain Capital Ventures and Jaan Tallinn, an early developer and co-founder of Skype.
Bain Capital Ventures partners with disruptive founders to accelerate their ideas to market. The firm invests from seed to growth in startups driving transformation across a wide variety of industries. Bain has helped launch and commercialize more than 240 companies, including DocuSign, LinkedIn, SendGrid and SurveyMonkey. Recent crypto investments include decentralized finance (DeFi) projects Maker and Compound, and centralized exchanges and trading platforms such as Seed CX, Lumina, Hummingbot.
Bain Capital Ventures, with $5.2 billion in assets and offices in San Francisco, New York, Boston and Palo Alto, is the venture investing arm of Bain Capital with $105 billion under management.
With Bain and Jaan’s help, we were able to launch the exchange and we look forward to continued guidance from them. For more about the round as well as our newly opened strategic round, read Coin Desk’s recent exclusive interview with Craig Austin, our co-founder and CTO.
Product & Engineering updates
Since launching, our engineering team has been working hard to add functionality and features that our traders have requested. Here is a short summary of the biggest changes so far:
- Stop Limits
- Reduce-Only Flag
- Trade Mode on Mobile
- Perpetual Swaps (US500 Equity Index and Bitcoin)
- Account Surveillance
- Brazilian Language Support
- Collateral Bonus ($50 deposit bonus) Offer Implementation
- Email Notifications for Key Platform Notifications
At EMX, we're committed to listening to our users and constantly adding improvements to the exchange. Look out for the following features next:
- Variable Leverage - so we can offer more leverage for smaller position sizes
- Position Size Calculator - to help with risk management
- Sub-accounts - for trading different strategies, and isolating margin
- Post Only Orders - for ensuring that limit orders are added to the book and don't match pre-existing orders
- Portfolio P/L Export - for easy accounting and tax reporting
- OCO Orders - combining stops and limits for mitigating risk
- EMX Token - fee discounts and other incentives for token buyers
- More Contracts - altcoins, indices, commodities and more
Let us know if you have any other suggestions in our Telegram.
To support growth in Korea, China, and Brazil, EMX is now available in four languages: English, Korean, Chinese, and Portuguese. To change your language settings on the exchange, head to your Account Settings and select your preferred language.
And of course, make sure to join our language-specific Telegram channels. Links below:
Next up: support for Russian. We are also looking for Russian community managers, so please email email@example.com if you are interested in applying.
We’ve successfully hosted several trading competitions with thousands of participants on our Testnet, and now we are showcasing our competition platform and one-of-a-kind leaderboard on our live exchange.
To celebrate the global launch of EMX, we are hosting a $5000 Perpetual Swaps Trading Competition! Over $5000 USD is being given away to traders with the most volume and best profit percentage. For more details and rules, click here.
EMX in the news
- Coin Desk: S&P 500 Gains Can Earn You Bitcoin on New Bain Capital-Backed Exchange
- Bitcoin Exchange Guide: Investors Can Bet on the Price of Bitcoin through EMX
- FX Street: EverMarkets Exchange (EMX)’s derivatives platform opens doors to worldwide traders except the United States
Connect with us
The EMX Tokens or any rights to acquire EMX Tokens are only available outside of the United States and to non-U.S. Persons, and are not available to persons with whom, or in jurisdictions where, transactions involving digital assets are prohibited or in many manner restricted by applicable laws or regulations. There is currently substantial uncertainty in various jurisdictions as to the application of securities, commodities, financial, tax, and other laws and any regulations relating to EMX Tokens and digital assets, and the application of other laws and regulations may be fact-specific and subject to change. The EMX Tokens are intended to be offered for use on the EMX Platform. Although not intended to be the offer and sale of a security, there is a significant risk that any offer and sale of the EMX Tokens could nonetheless be deemed to constitute the offer and sale of a security by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission or other regulatory authorities. Those who purchase or otherwise obtain EMX Tokens or rights to receive EMX Tokens are required to inform themselves about, and to observe, any restrictions relating to the EMX Tokens and any related documents and communications in such purchasers’ jurisdictions and comply with all applicable laws in connection with any offer, sale, or transfer of the EMX Tokens. Any EMX Tokens obtained may not be offered, sold, or otherwise transferred, except in full compliance with all transfer restrictions, transfer prerequisites, and all applicable laws, rules, and regulations of the transferor’s and transferee’s jurisdictions. In particular, the tokens may not be transferred to U.S. Persons or in the United States, and EMX reserves the right to impose restrictions to prevent any resales that could be deemed to violate applicable laws.