Dear EMX community,
Thanks for reading this issue of EMX Insider. In this issue, you will find:
- Singapore Blockchain Week Recap
- Product and engineering updates
- Information about our EMX Rewards Program and how to earn EMX credits
- A list of upcoming events
- The latest industry news
With a brand new exchange beta ready to show off to the world, the EMX team was out in full force at Singapore Blockchain Week, the premier crypto event of the year. We attended many events and talks, met with media outlets and early supporters, and established some valuable new business connections.
On Thursday, the EMX team hosted an intimate, VIP-only brunch at The Bird restaurant inside Marina Bay Sands. Interest in the highly exclusive event was overwhelming; over 115 guests were in attendance to try out our private beta and network over Southern food and champagne. Key representatives from major funds such as Signum Capital and Kosmos Capital were present. All in all, EMX and Enecuum’s Crazy Rich Brunch was incredibly successful. For a full recap, head to our Medium.
Product & Engineering Updates
Our engineering and product teams have been working around the clock on the beta exchange, both implementing new features and load testing. Here are a few quick updates from the team:
- The entire EMX team is working through a round of internal testing in preparation for our private beta release.
- Over the past few weeks, engineering and product has worked through new charting features, additional WebSocket API channels, different order types, advanced P&L tracking.
- Our internal market making team has been testing the functionality and scalability of the EMX APIs.
Our rewards program launches next week! Earn up to $1,000 in EMX trading fee credits when you complete simple tasks like joining our Telegram, referring friends to EMX.com, liking us on Facebook, retweeting, and passing KYC authentication (Note: Must pass KYC to trade on our exchange and win rewards. USA citizens are restricted from participating).
To participate in this exclusive offer, sign up on our website at EMX.com. Stay tuned for more information.
Meet the Team
We look forward to meeting people who are just as enthusiastic about futures trading, crypto and technology as we are. Please find us at these upcoming events:
- Sept 28 & 29: TEAMZ Blockchain Summit, Tokyo
- Oct 5 to Oct 12: SF Blockchain Week, San Francisco
- Oct 22 to Oct 25: Dubai World Blockchain Summit and Satoshi United, Dubai
- Oct 30 to Nov 2: Prague DevCon, Prague
- Nov 1 & 2: Malta Blockchain Summit, Malta
Coinbase has announced a new procedure for listing assets with the sole purpose of speeding up the process of listing digital assets that meet the exchange’s standards.
Search engine giant Google has revealed that it will begin allowing cryptocurrency exchange advertisements in the U.S. and Japan, starting in October.
Bakkt, which ICE has said will be a “regulated ecosystem” for institutional investors aiming to get exposure to cryptocurrency, will offer futures against at least three fiat currencies: the U.S. dollar, British pound sterling and euro.
Japan’s top financial regulator is seeking answers from the operator of the Zaif cryptocurrency exchange, a situation that comes days after the trading site disclosed that it lost millions of dollars worth of crypto in a hack.
Nasdaq made “an USD 190m all-cash recommended public offer” to the company, which it terms a major “financial technology provider to brokers, exchanges and clearing houses worldwide.” It could also be a significant first step for Nasdaq into the world of crypto.